Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Lips


With Valentines Day right around the corner I thought I would do a tutorial on a bold red lip. I personally think every day is an acceptable day to wear bold red lips, but especially on Valentines Day.


Things you'll need:
Lip Scrub: Victoria Secrets Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm / Lip Primer: Mac Prep + Prime Lip / Lip Liner: Mac Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Kiss Me Quick / Lipstick: Mac Viva Glam Lipstick in Viva Glam I



I start with this lip scrub from Victoria Secrets. I just scoop a little onto my finger and rub it over my top and bottom lip for about 30 seconds or so. It’s a sugar scrub so it tastes great. After I’m done scrubbing my lips, I take a tissue and wipe the scrub off. The lip scrub comes with a lip balm on top, but I think it leaves your lips very slick, so I skip it if I’m applying lipstick.




Instead I use this primer from Mac’s Prep + Prime line. It leaves your lips super moisturized and soft. I usually let it set for a minute or two before applying my lip liner.




After that I apply my lip liner. Lip liner is super, super important, especially when it comes to bold and bright colors. I start by outlining my lips and then fill them in completely with liner. The reason for this is 1. If the shade isn’t exact I don’t want that line around my lips, and 2. It makes your lipstick stay on forever. (I typically wake up the next morning with lipstick still in perfect condition.)



 Now it’s finally time to put your lipstick on. Just apply that like normal, and you are ready for a night out with your Valentine.


XO
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment