Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Sequins


Let me start by saying I’m in love with this skirt.

A completely sequined skirt is nothing new, but a completely sequined maxi? That is something new, at least to me. I first saw a skirt like this in early fall while online shopping, and was smitten with the idea, but not quite sure how I would style it. Fast forward to NYE outfit shopping and seeing one in person, I knew I had to try it on. At that point I still wasn’t 100% sure how I would wear it. But sometimes you just got to go for it. Since it is so flashy, I think the key to keeping it from being over the top is simplicity everywhere else. The only thing I would add to this outfit is maybe a small statement necklace or a graphic tee instead so it isn’t too plain. 








Skirt: Windsor Store / Top: Target (love this as well) / Shoes: Bandolino old (similar here also love these) / Watch: Michael Kors / Lipstick: Mac Candy Yum-Yum

What do y’all think? Is this a style you hope to see more of or do you think it’s to over the top?


XO
Katie

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Totally almost bought that skirt at Windsor but it was wayyyy too long on me (even when I pulled it all the way up to my boobs haha). You look fabulous in it!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was way to long on me as well (I'm 5'4) but my best friends mom is an amazing seamstress and fixed that problem for me :)

      P.S. I love your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty. Colors perfect for what I wanted. Very pleased. Do think it was a bit over priced. large eiffel tower canvas

    ReplyDelete