Thursday, December 12, 2013

TBT: Thanksgiving


While this isn’t a very far throwback, I still thought it appropriate to deem this post a TBT. Two weeks ago was Thanksgiving, and as promised, I am here to recap my outfits. This year my Thanksgiving wardrobe consisted of only two outfits. Typically there would be a third one for black Friday shopping but sadly, this year I skipped that tradition, as I am a broke college student, and my momma had to work.

In the morning I went with a more comfortable, (my favorite aspect of any outfit) and casual look. In Jacksonville we do things a bit differently than most on Thanksgiving morning. When most people start with breakfast, and Thanksgiving Day parades, we start at Pete’s bar in Neptune Beach for their annual Thanksgiving Day block party. Since there is a ton of people, and it starts so early you can see why I went more casual and chose leggings. I love leggings, and feel that you really can’t go wrong with leggings and riding boots in the fall. Pairing them with an over sized sweater and a bright scarf, for a pop of color, was perfect for the bike ride there.



Sweater: BCBGeneration old (similar here) / Leggings: Forever 21 old (similar here) / Scarf: H&M old (similar here and here) / Boots: Aldo old (similar here) / Watch: Michael Kors / Spike Bracelet: Aldo old (similar here) / Bracelet: BCBGeneration old (similar here


After Pete’s I headed to dinner at my boyfriends aunts house. I dressed up a little but, didn’t want to be overdressed, as this was a pretty casual affair. I went with my riding boots again and this time paired them with a sheer top, and my garnet skinnies. These pants were practically made for Thanksgiving as they have a lot of stretch, which came in handy after dinner. 



Top: old (similar here) / Pants: Forever21 old (similar here) / Boots: same as above / Earrings: BCBGeneration (similar here) All other jewelry the same as above

What did y’all wear for Thanksgiving? Was your day casual like mine or more on the dressy side? 

XO
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment